Ford Elementary School
The mission of Ford Elementary School is to create a community of learners who are responsible and productive citizens.
As a parent/guardian, I will:
· Show respect and support for my child, the teachers, and Ford Elementary School.
· Participate as appropriate in decisions relating to the education of my child.
· Monitor my child’s attendance in school.
· Support the school’s discipline policy.
· Provide a quiet, well-lit place for study and supervise the completion of homework.
· Attend parent-teacher conferences.
· Talk with my child each day about his or her school activities.
· Monitor my child’s TV viewing.
· Assist with at least one school or classroom activity.
· Encourage my child to use extracurricular time wisely.
· Read with my child for at least 10 minutes each day and let my child see me read.
As a student, I will:
· Always try to do my best work.
· Be kind and helpful to my classmates.
· Show respect for myself, my school, and other people.
· Obey classroom, school, and bus rules.
· Show respect for property by not stealing or vandalizing.
· Come to school prepared with my homework and my supplies.
· Believe that I can and will learn.
· Spend at least 15 minutes each day studying or reading at home.
· Talk with my parents each day about my school activities.
As a teacher, I will:
· Show respect for each child and for his or her family.
· Schedule (at least annually) a parent-teacher conference with the parent(s) of each student in my classroom to discuss this compact as it relates to the individual child’s achievement.
· Make efficient use of learning time.
· Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables children to meet the state’s student academic achievement standards.
· Help each child grow to his or her fullest potential.
· Provide meaningful and appropriate homework activities.
· Provide necessary assistance to parents so that they can help with assignments.
· Enforce school and classroom rules fairly and consistently.
· Communicate to parents about the progress of their child’s achievement on an ongoing basis through parent-teacher conferences, interim reports, MAP reports, and report cards.
· Use special activities in the classroom to make learning enjoyable.
· Demonstrate professional behavior and a positive attitude.
As the principal, I will:
· Provide reasonable access to all staff members.
· Provide opportunities for parents to volunteer and participate in their child’s class.
· Provide opportunities for parents to observe classroom activities.
Now, hand in hand, we will work together to carry out this contract.
Parent/Guardian Signature Date
Student Signature Date
Teacher Signature Date
Principal Signature Date